During this school year I have been serving as the catechist for the candidates who are preparing to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. This is the basic outline for our discussions:
1. As members of the church we have an outlook on life that differs from that of the world. We see things differently. We see that we come from God and that we want to always be aware of God's involvement in our lives. In response to God's involvement in our lives we commit ourselves to following the commandments and doing God's will.
2. We believe that God the Father has given us life and is constantly giving us New Life.
3. We believe that Jesus is fully human and fully divine and that He is giving us His unconditional love and friendship. Jesus is our best friend. We are never alone because His love and friendship are continuous and endless.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is constantly guiding us and revealing the truths of the faith to us. And we believe that in the Sacrament of Confirmation the Holy Spirit blesses us and strengthens our faith. Our mantra has been: "The Holy Spirit gives us strength." Spiritual strength so that we can share what we believe.
5. Our preparations for the Sacrament of Confirmation are now complete. Father Rolfes will confirm these young adults at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 15, at Saint Joseph's Church in Pierz and all of our parishioners are invited to attend. I ask everyone to pray for those who will be confirmed: Allison Moren (Saint Rita), Laura Medek (Saint Rita), Robert Sam (Holy Cross), MaKayla Balder (Holy Cross), Alivia Rogers (Holy Cross), Nathan Strang (Holy Cross), Megan Van Buskirk (Sacred Heart), Lillian Orazem (Sacred Heart) and Joseph Carlson (Sacred Heart).
Father Jerry Schik, osc